You deserve leading treatments and our unique focus on patient comfort
Thank you for choosing Williamsburg Center for Dental Health! When you call for an appointment, we will take a few minutes to find out where you are in terms of your dental needs. This will help us determine whether a comprehensive exam with Dr. Hall is recommended.
If an exam is in order, you will meet with Dr. Hall in the consultation room to review your medical and dental history. After a brief tour of the office, the examination will follow, and here is what you can expect:
- You will have a visual exam plus an oral cancer screening, including the Velscope exam. (For more information, visit: http://www.velscope.com/velscope-technology/overview/ )
- Your airway will be checked and your medical history screened for any risks of Sleep Apnea
- You will have a TMJ screening to check the health of the muscle and joint system
- The existing teeth, fillings, and/or crowns will be charted
- You will have a screening to detect whether gum or periodontal disease is present, and if so, what type of oral cleaning is needed
- From this information, we determine the least amount of x-rays we should take to see whether there are any underlying issues between the teeth and under the gums
- Finally, Dr. Hall will review each tooth for its overall health to determine if there are any concerns
- Sometimes more information is needed, such as tooth models or a 3-D x-ray
With this exam, we are looking at the whole system and the cause and effects of any issues we see. Once we have a good picture of your dental health, we will discuss problems, solutions and benefits with you. Then it’s your turn to tell us what you think the next step should be for your care, knowing that we are here for you, whatever you decide.